Jan 10, 2012

LA Eats: Food Review

Readers, I issue my disclaimer now... normally I don't condone eating at the "famous" restaurant food chains when traveling out of town.  However, I had to do it.  On my trip to Los Angeles to visit my family's new pad,  I decided I must embark on the famous food trail and eat at all the so-called LA hot spots.  Needless to say they all tantalized my taste buds and definitely earned their right to a spot on Bitten Euphoria.  Hopefully, I will soon regain your trust, given this small (and it is small) relapse to common folk food.  Just in case your curious about my hot spot opinions, check it out below:

1. The Hudson
-Amazing little (overly crowded) bar with reinvented nostalgic organic eats that are out of this world.  You haven't had a grilled cheese until you've had one from here.   O and if possible try not to walk into the giant trees that are growing up through the floors! Did I mention it's also a micro-brewery?! They even have a photo booth, which is suited for 2 people but we managed to squeeze in 3!
To Die For--> Brioche Grilled Cheese: Toasted brioche slices housing American, Cheddar & Provolone cheeses (To top it off you can add even add in short rib) with a side of hand cut french fries with parsley and parmesan cheese.  Heaven in a 6 inch thick bite!
Brioche Grilled Cheese

2. Roscoes Chicken & Waffles (Don't Judge Me)
-Worth the 27 year wait!  This place was not only all I expected it to be but blew any expectation, down to the 20 minute wait for a table for the ORIGINAL Roscoes Chicken & Waffles.  I have had this combo at many places, and it's never my favorite considering it's fried chicken and a waffle how difficult is that to make (insert dramatic pause) ...until I ate Roscoes. My chicken & waffles desires will never be the same and unless it's Roscoe's I will refuse to eat it.  I learned, the trick is in the waffle and the butter.  They have somehow mastered the perfect combination of sweetness, thickness and creamy butter to present what has made them famous!  Behold the beauty.
To Die For --> The Country Boy: 3 chicken wings & a waffle. And The Oscar: 3 chicken wings, a side of cheese grits w/ extra butter (again please hold the judgement) and 1 scrambled egg.


Country Boy
The Oscar

3. Pink Taco
- This rock star establishment is known for it's celebrity diners, and fish tacos! There is rockstar memorabilia covering the walls, rockstar waitresses and their rockstar tacos speak for themselves.  They have an endless list of tacos, burritos, fajitas, guacamole and all other types of Mexican tasties.  
To Die For --> Baja Fish Tacos: white fish with cucumber cabbage slaw, avocado, pico de gallo, jalapeno mayo dished with mexican red rice and refried pinto beans!   To start your Mexican dish they start you off with endless chips and salsa (3 different types) and margarita's that will have you speaking Spanish...!!
Baja Fish Tacos




No comments:

Post a Comment