Jan 7, 2012

Trinidadian Culture Shock

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am an All-American girl who would lay face down in the middle of Madison Avenue during rush-hour for some Cuban food with a side of bread...any bread!  I was introduced to possibly the best bread of my life.  Two different kinds of Trinidadian breads grazed and danced on my palate this week.

1. Sweet bread  -  Freaking AMAZING.  It has a wheat dinner roll texture sparsely scattered with tiny currents.  It has a sweet simple sugar glaze brushed on the top - by far the best part.

2. Butter Loaf  -  It's a super dense, soft bread that has the taste of butter already baked into it.  When its warm it almost melts in your mouth.  The sheer weight of the bread in your hand is soo heavy, I swear after 3 bites, I instantly gained 3 pounds.  It's clearly worth it!!


So far, Royal Bakery & Roti House in Brooklyn is the place to get your goodies!!  Trust me, you will thank me later.  Address below:


Royal Bakery & Roti House
618 Nostrand Ave (between Dean and Pacific Sts) Brooklyn NY
(718) 604-0200
Subway: A, C to Nostrand Ave
Mon–Sat 9am–8pm
Average dish: $5. Cash only

No comments:

Post a Comment